Sunday, November 21, 2021

Eight Values of Free Expression (KEY POST)

EIGHT VALUES OF FREE EXPRESSION - MY THOUGHTS


                                     


When looking at the Eight Values of Free Expression, I found that I agree with each one a little bit. In my life, I have the opportunity to understand what the eight values are and find which feels most important to me. While reading each one, I found that I gravitate towards numbers 4, 7 and 8 - Individual Self-Fulfillment, Promote Innovation and Protect Dissent. I agree with each value for a different reason, but I definitely don't agree with one value wholeheartedly, but more of a mixture between the values I listed. I think having a mixture between each value is important because it allows for varied opinions and a broad scope and understanding of each value. 


                                        


Number 4 - Individual Self-Fulfillment resonates with me because everyone should have the right to become expressive and be able to do and say what they want. Freedom of Speech is a large part of living in America, something American's are grateful for. Many Americans with a traditional system of beliefs are very grateful for their freedom of expression, and so are little kids. As an individual living here in the United States I'm extremely grateful I've been able to express myself in aspects of my life I wouldn't be able to if I lived somewhere else. 


Number 7 - Promote Innovation resonates with me because I value creativity, how it allows others to express themselves, and what it brings to society. I think being creative with others and with yourself is important in self-growth and personal happiness in the long run. Having the freedom to be creative in modern day America is a great thing, something I think people shouldn't take for granted. Having a creative mind and a creative outlet is super important. I think without creativity the world wouldn't be such an expressive and open place. It's important to keep creative minds in tact and personal beliefs strong.


Number 8 - Protect Dissent resonates with me because I feel like I've been doing it since I've been alive. The government's like a person - it takes stride in its accomplishments and cowers when it's in the wrong. I think the government could be better in how it addresses the citizens of America and prioritize the people of this country and their safety more than they do. I think they've been lacking in that recently, and they should be better in how they go about daily life.


                                                    


I definitely see all of the values I listed, especially Protect Dissent today. I see Individual Self-Fulfillment and Promote Innovation in parts of life not very publicized. I see them more on the outskirts than very upfront. They are important in everyday life, of course, but aren't as popularized as Protect Dissent is. Many people now love to criticize a person for the most minuscule thing, and they often criticize over dumb scenarios and situations. "Cancel Culture", and social media allow for this to become even more prominent. Even though others values are different we all share the same thing - the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment